[nycbug-talk] FreeBSD 4:10 T-Shirt

Jesse Callaway jesse
Sat May 29 02:54:16 EDT 2004

On May 27, 2004, at 7:59 PM, G.Rosamond wrote:

> On May 27, 2004, at 6:52 PM, Chris Coleman wrote:
>
>> Did you guys see the new t-shirt?  http://www.bsdmall.com/fourten.html
>>
>> It was an epiphany I had coming back from BSDCan.  I'm looking for
>> some good ideas for a FreeBSD 5.3 T-Shirt
>>

> Christopher. . .
>
> What sets the OBSD world apart is their themes. . .
>
> The continuing battles of Puffy, the songs, etc, all good tshirt
> material. . .as was easily noticed as BSDCan.
>
> I know Net will have a new logo, and this could quickly put them in
> that league, but Free is dismal.
>
> Yeah, the main logo that people identify with BSD is the FreeBSD logo,
> but that's as far as it goes.
>
> It wouldn't hurt for BSDMall/DN/NYCBUG to create it's own little theme
> for the entire BSD world. . .
>
> ideas?  Non-NYC-centric, project agnostic. . .

I think a turtle would be appropriate. Each scale of the shell could
represent a diffrent BSD. It doesn't have to be a 1to 1 correspondence.
On second thought they might be percieved as being slow and
hermit-like.

Strictly incorporating the demon + pitchfork with a sea theme yields
Neptune. But that doesn't mean anything.

Hammer and anvil? Tools of a blacksmith.. a toolmaker. Or we could go
more high-tech to like a machinist. I just thought of the calipers and
maybe it's getting too Masonic here. But I think the blacksmith line of
thought could go pretty far.