[nycbug-talk] change sendmail port from 25 to something else

Mikel King mikel.king
Tue Nov 2 09:56:24 EST 2004

 I know somewhere down the line I'll regret this but...Assuming that you
are running FreeBSD you should be able to do the following;

In /etc/mail you will find a lot of neat info regarding mc and cf files.
copy the freebsd.mc to <HOSTNAME>.mc and add/modify the following line:
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=nn, Name=MTA') DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=587, Name=MSA,
M=E')
Remember to change nn to whatever port you'd like to run on...

Now  run 'make cf' which will build your new <HOSTNAME>.cf but not
install it as such. For that you must run 'make install' and HUP your
daemon.

You can read more about this stuff @:
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/doc8.12/cf/m4/tweaking_config.html

Also please take the time to read the Makefile in /etc/mail as these
directions are different for each version of sendmail and fBSD.

--
Cheers,
Mikel King
CIO
Optimized Computer Solutions, INC
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.ocsny.com
t: 212.727.2100x132
You may like them. You will see. You may
like them in a tree.
http://www.FreeBSD.org
http://www.OpenOffice.org
http://www.Mozilla.org
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.