[nycbug-talk] change sendmail port from 25 to something else

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz
Tue Nov 2 10:20:08 EST 2004

Mikel King wrote:
> I know somewhere down the line I'll regret this but...Assuming that you
> are running FreeBSD you should be able to do the following;

Very nice -- however, here's the question.
If you're using sendmail as your mail submission agent (to thence send
out mail) all well and good.
If you're trying to receive mail on it from, it ain't gonna work right.

Why can't he just use the smtp servers from optimum online?
> http://optonline.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/optonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=39&p_created=1076619281&p_sid=XW4oCvph&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjUmcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1zbXRwIHNlcnZlcg**&p_li=

in sendmail.cf, just add

DSmail.optonline.et

Or if you use Kmail/some other fancypants graphical client, there's a
space in options...

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman        jbaltz at omnipod.com    +1 646 230 8750
Thank you for contributing to the heat death of the universe.