[nycbug-talk] freebsd 5.3 same ports multiple machines

Lonnie Olson fungus
Tue Nov 2 13:20:10 EST 2004

On Nov 2, 2004, at 9:04 AM, marco at metm.org wrote:

> I haven't found the answer probably because I'm not searching for the
> right terms. And cause I am a newbie :)
>
> I have several laptops which don't have ethernet adaptors which I am
> using as video playback devices, basically I need mplayer which depends
> on about a dozen ports.  And there are some libraries I have to get
> built first or it seems that mplayer doesn't build for them.

This is where binary packages can save your life.
on your "net connected" or "building" machine run
   make package
This will make a binary package which you can distribute to the other
machines and install using:
   pkg_add /path/to/package-1.0.0.tgz

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/08/07/FreeBSD_Basics.html

--lonnie