[nycbug-talk] New BSD articles

lists at genoverly.net lists
Thu Nov 4 05:50:03 EST 2004

Shamelessly ripped from OSNews... in case you didn't stop by there.

Interview with Hubert Feyrer of NetBSD:
The NetBSD-PT Group did an interview via e-mail with Hubert Feyrer. He
has been a NetBSD developer for years and we wanted to know his views
on NetBSD, his projects and some personal questions.
http://netbsd-pt.org/?q=node/42

OpenBSD Works To Open Wireless Chipsets:
In order to better understand why OpenBSD has decided this is important,
KernelTrap approached Theo de Raadt with a few questions. In reply he
fully explains the issue, talking about how successful this form of
activism has been for OpenBSD in the past, and offering specifics on
exactly what they are trying to accomplish. He summarizes, "the open
source community has support for all the ethernet chipsets, all the
scsi chipsets, all the raid chipsets, so why should we not have support
for all the wireless chipsets?"
http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/4118