[nycbug-talk] obsd mirrors

G. Rosamond george
Fri Nov 5 21:18:26 EST 2004

On Nov 5, 2004, at 8:42 PM, Sunny Dubey wrote:

> On Friday 05 November 2004 19:31, G. Rosamond wrote:
>> Anyone else notice a problem with the OBSD ftp mirrors?
>>
>> Still waiting for my cd for 3.6 to get here. . .
>>
>> I can get to the master site, but none of the east coast ones,
>> including Brandon's ftp.crimelabs.net.
>>
>> I'm on the Purdue mirror finally, but something like ten others didn't
>> work, couldn't ping, nothing.
>
> you tried ftp://openbsd.mirrors.pair.com ??
>
> *.mirrors.pair.com rocks

Yup. . .for some reason *every* mirror is complete crap tonight,
including Pair's mirror. . . Only the master site is giving me
anything. . .I usually use CrimeLabs.net, but they're no better.

I don't know how, but after I built my Soekris kernel, my kernel went,
even though I didn't overwrite my boxes kernel.  I think it might have
been the hdd flaking out. . .it may not have been seated right.

So now I need to rebuilld.

BTW, I'm doing a very slow and clear howto with OBSD 3.5 and Soekris,
that I'll add to the library.