[nycbug-talk] NY Job Openings

Megan Restuccia megan.restuccia
Tue Nov 9 07:19:08 EST 2004

I have some friends looking for good people. If you, or anyone you
know are interested, please forward me a resume.

1. McGraw-Hill Publishing - working for a good friend of mine (Good
Guy). Looking for someone who is a fast-learner (and eager to learn
new things), that has some programming experience (ie. XML, perl,
Object-oriented best practices), with focus on web development (ie.
cookies, content management, database transactions). Pay is somewhere in the 60-mid 70s range.

2. Systems Administrator - Columbia University, working for my group.  Intermediate level, with experience with Linux, Windows, Mac OSX and Below, some Irix/Solaris, and MUST be good with people.
Not sure of pay just yet, figuring somewhere in the same range.

3. Associate Director of Information Technology - Columbia
University. Person oversees all aspects of information systems,
technology and computing support for the Executive MBA department. The primary focus of this position is to manage the overall IT group, whose goals are to most effectively implement technology in order to:  (1) increase the level of productivity and automation in the EMBA office; and (2) improve upon the services and resources offered to the students, prospective students, administration and faculty through the use of technology. Performs related tasks as required. Ability to provide a vision and direction for the increasing technological needs of the EMBA program. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work with changing priorities and on multiple projects in a high volume, fast-paced environment. Strong technology skills and significant experience with database reporting, web applications, project management, project integration, documentation, and support of Microsoft Windows & Office. Writing is a key component of this job. Please provide a writing sample. The ability to take initiative and work well with various departments throughout the University as well as work closely with all EMBA staff members. The ability to work well under pressure, juggle many tasks simultaneously, and set priorities.

Also, I have a friend looking for an entry-level Sys admin position.   He has a little experience with linux, but has been mostly focused on hardware repairs. If anyone has any openings for a quick-study (and a good guy) - please let me know.

Megan