[nycbug-talk] Automatic Login at boottime FreeBSD

marco at metm.org marco
Fri Nov 12 11:25:34 EST 2004

Hello all,

I need the the system to automatically login and run xinit (which then
launches the applications I need up) without user interventions at all.

xinit is working fine, I just need the autologin to work.

I've been looking around, should I write a little script in rc.d ?  The
newer syntax in FreeBSD 5.3 (no case statement with start) stop) etc.)
is throwing me for a loop, cause I don't have alot of time to figure
this out...

Does any one have a page to a quick way to do this.
I have been looking around and haven't come to anything usefull

Thanks,

--
Marco