[nycbug-talk] Natd/Gateway=yes vs 5.3

Francisco Reyes lists
Sun Nov 14 02:57:08 EST 2004

Migrating a 4.10 box.
Copied data to a second drive.
Installed 5.3
Changed kernel to add

options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         "IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT"=50
options         IPDIVERT

In /etc/rc.conf have
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_logging="YES"           # Set to YES to enable events logging
firewall_quiet="NO"
firewall_type="open"
gateway_enable="YES"
natd_enable="YES"               # Enable natd (if firewall_enable == YES).
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"  # Set rules file for the NAT daemon
natd_interface="ed0"

Not only the machine is not acting as a gateway, but it doesn't let me even
connect to the internet.
Looked at ipfw list and saw

00050 divert 8668 ip from any to any via ed0
00100 allow ip from any to any via lo0
00200 deny log logamount 50 ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
00300 deny log logamount 50 ip from 127.0.0.0/8 to any
65000 allow ip from any to any
65535 deny ip from any to any

Added a pass all rule before the divert and I am able to see the internet from
the FreeBSD machine, but not from the other machines. Is as if the divert
line was not working.

Anything changed for nat between 4.10 and 5.3? Any suggestions?
Just can see what's wrong..