[nycbug-talk] BSDCan 2005

G. Rosamond george
Sat Nov 20 14:47:01 EST 2004

On Nov 20, 2004, at 2:27 PM, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 20 Nov 2004 at 14:03, G. Rosamond wrote:
>
>> On Nov 20, 2004, at 1:04 PM, Dan Langille wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Has someone been talking about BSDCan?  Over the past few days,
>>> there's been a burst of subscriptions to the BSDCan announcement list
>>>  ;)
>>
>> Where is your stat page?  I know I mention you and BSDCan
>> parenthetically on a regular basis in DN EZine. . . the last time with
>> the Kirk/Eric meeting . . . my articles are always full of urls. . .
>
> Yeah baby...  ;)
>
> I'm offline as I type this, so I can't check the URL for the BSDCan
> stats.  I'll check later.

Would look forward to seeing your referrers. ..

>>> The dates for the conference proper will be 13-14 May 2005 (always
>>> the Friday and Saturday after Mother's Day).
>>>
>>> BTW: It looks like at least one project may holding a developer
>>> summit at BSDCan.  If any groups want to use the conference as a
>>> venue for their summit, they are welcome to it.  We can provide
>>> space.
>>>

>> I think this conference will be critical.  Those who went last year
>> were taking a chance to some extent.  There was no history to it.  Now
>> people know it's a real and great conference.
>
> Yeah, if nobody turns up, it's dead.  Mind up, that applied last year
> too.  ;)

You're. . .such a canadian sometimes . . <g>

The first time an annual event happens that takes a bit of time and
efforts for attendees, when it has no history or track record is
difficult.  BSCan has overcome that hurdle.

>> For the next conference, we should be pulling a lot more people. .
>> .There should be no reason why 20 or so people don't go from NYC.
>
> That sounds good.  Keep spreading the word.  :)  I've been to NYC
> three times in the past year.  It's time you folks came here again!

Coming to the holiday party Danny?