[nycbug-talk] file under DOH!

G. Rosamond george
Sun Nov 21 11:55:49 EST 2004

On Nov 21, 2004, at 9:28 AM, <lists at genoverly.net> wrote:

> FreeBSD lessons learned:

I tend to think that we should have a section in the library for 'DOH!'
issues. . . it keeps everyone honest. . . although I fear I'd be the
biggest contributor. . .

> It turns out that a bad 'tag' entry in the ports-supfile will delete
> everything and update nothing when you cvsup. Yikes.

Yup. . .been there. . .

> No worry, just reload the whole ports tree, as per the Handbook
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-
> using.html
>
> Oh, and fix the ports-supfile BEFORE you cvsup the next time.. DOH!
> again.

and try using a refuse file (/usr/sup/refuse on OBSD) to not update the
ports you don't need.  You can delete, say /usr/ports/polish/ and not
have it update. . . and hash it out in your cvs-ports file. . .