[nycbug-talk] 'doh' cvsup issues; . .

G. Rosamond george
Sun Nov 21 18:21:38 EST 2004

Marc just raised a useful point about the refuse file that I actually
experienced this week. . .

I do like to keep things small. ..kernel, even the ports. . .

I found that pkgdb and portupgrade wouldn't run the other day since I
didn't ports-all in my cvsup config file.  I think it was on FBSD 5.3.

Marc mentioned that some ports have funky dependencies that may be in a
foreign language collection ..  .and anyway, what are you going to
save?

Just did a du on OBSD 3.6 ports. . .

/usr/ports/japanese 868k
/usr/ports/russian 212k

Yeah, it's not FBSDs ports in quantity, but I think the point is valid.
. .  The ports is streamlined enough not to bother with a refuse file.

mea culpa, mea culpa. . .