[nycbug-talk] Firefox release party and NYC tech community

George Georgalis george
Sun Nov 21 18:39:49 EST 2004

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 03:29:39PM -0800, Pete Wright wrote:
>George Georgalis wrote:
>

>>Maybe you should describe what you are talking about because I have no
>>idea.  ...A text browser doesn't do anything with binary files accept
>>maybe auto-magically launching an audio player or image viewer (at least
>>try). All this is done with the file's magic number (first two bytes)
>>and mime magic, eg the file (program) database.
>>
>>// George
>>

>i'm sorry for the confusion all, i've used this version of w3m i suppose:
>
>http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~hsaka/w3m/#img
>
>it displays images inline during a w3m session.  for some reason i
>assumed that this was built into the default w3m build, i guess not.

Oooooh, that text browser, hehe
http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~hsaka/w3m/mapion.png

whatever floats your boat. :)

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at galis.org