[nycbug-talk] review of "state of demon address"

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Oct 20 02:37:51 EDT 2004

Hey George,

On Oct 19, 2004, at 7:35 PM, G. Rosamond wrote:

> if i get some positive comments here, i will submit to the nycbug
> site.  There's nothing wrong with us putting up pieces like this in
> our library section, IMHO.
>
> yes, i write compulsively and i did not even reread this.
>
> *	*	*	*

Yo- I'd ask that you not post this (well written) rebuttal to the site,
UNTIL, you read the response Dru gave me last month here:

http://tinyurl.com/4tl3p
-or-
http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/talk/2004-September/002754.html

While I agree with 99% of what you wrote, (sup' with whimping out on
the Darwin section Gman?, [it's equally, insultingly, lame with
disinformation]), I think your time could be better spent directly
writing about *BSD stuff, SOLID, INFORMED, and TRUSTED information.
Where's the pages we can point to which explain the culture,
development cycles, and strengths of the various *BSD's?  (And explain
why they're not 'distros'.)

Then, next slashdotting of crud like this, we just ALL post responses
with nothing more than NYC*BUG urls to solid information...

My 02?

Rocket-
.ike