[nycbug-talk] laptops and projectors

Marc Spitzer mspitze1
Wed Oct 20 22:23:43 EDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:39:15 -0400 (EDT)
Dru <dlavigne6 at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Anyone know the answer to this one? The projector at GTEC (plugs into
> video port of laptop) wouldn't display my laptop screen. The guy said
> that Debian laptops have the same problem. We had to put my slides on
> his RedHat laptop instead.
>
> It's obviously not hardware as we both had Thinkpads. Anyone know if
> there's some sort of kernel option I need to compile into my kernel?
> Or is there some sort of driver needed that BSD doesn't support?

I have a T30 and it has worked on the few rare occasions when I have
done it, not recently though.  If I remember correctly there is one of
the blue special keys(fn key + key) that switches the video between the
connector in back and the screen.  and this was on 4.X

Hope it helps,

marc