[nycbug-talk] BSD Success Stories

Dru dlavigne6
Sun Oct 24 20:36:13 EDT 2004

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004, G. Rosamond wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2004, at 5:44 PM, Dru wrote:
>

>> At long last! The stories have been formatted and a flyer is available for
>> distribution.
>>
>> Flyer is attached. Stories themselves are available at:
>>
>> http://linux.oreilly.com/news/bsd_ss.pdf
>>
>> Again, a big thanks to all who contributed :-)
>>

> I only count 2 NYC*BUG members. . .Not bad though. . .  :-)
>
> I think this is a great tool. . .it's nice to not only talk about the
> seemingly mystical backends of Yahoo, Pair, Verio, etc.
>
> Dru: is there a reason why there's no introduction for this?  It would have
> been useful.

That would be a good question for O'Reilly. It might have been missed
somewhere between the time lag when the idea was first put forth and
the final rush to have them available for EuroBSDCon. The person in charge
of putting everything together also changed half-way through...

I'll wait til I have an answer back on the errata before I ask. I'm
rooting for a second edition myself :-)

It wouldn't hurt for everyone who thought this was a great idea to write a
quick note to O'Reilly thanking them for the resource...

Dru