BSD on HP Proliant machines (was: RE: [nycbug-talk] BSD Success Stories (fwd))

Sunny Dubey sunny-ml
Wed Oct 27 10:41:46 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 10:32, Dave Steinberg wrote:

> Why crappy?  If it works, what's the issue?  (Maybe it doesn't, just
> curious... :)

well, I would assume when one purchases such an expensive server, they are
going to have real uses for it (unless they were duped into purchasing it)

real usage would mean stability and not playing games

there seems to be a big difference between:

HPASM --> linux --> hardware

and

HPASM --> linux --> linux-emu --> BSD --> hardware

(I have no idea what HP's warrenty, SLA's, etc state about which OS should be
running on the box)

Sunny Dubey