[nycbug-talk] ports systems. . .

pete wright pete
Sat Sep 4 14:02:49 EDT 2004

On Sep 4, 2004, at 2:03 PM, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> "G. Rosamond" <george at sddi.net> wrote:
>
>> Who is using Darwin ports on platforms other than OS X?  Who is using
>> pkgsrc on platforms other than NetBSD?  I know Marc S had some insight
>> on pkgsrc, and expressed utter delight. . .
>
> I've been using pkgsrc on NetBSD, Linux (various flavors) and IRIX.
> (I've also used it on Mac OS X, but not regularly at the moment.)  It
> makes my life a _lot_ easier to be able to install the same set of
> packages from the same source tree.

hey jan,
	how's it been running on IRIX, which release do you have it running
on?  I worked on getting it up on 6.5.23M but did not have much
success.  Granted I did not put *too* much effort on getting it up
(maybe like 5 hours over a couple days).  from what i saw pkgsrc looks
like it would be a great fit for IRIX, the current state of SGI
software management, while very flexible, is kinda lacking when
compared to pkgsrc or even apt...

-p