[nycbug-talk] Apple hardware..

Pete Wright pete
Tue Sep 7 14:36:16 EDT 2004

Paul Cui wrote:

>hi. all.
>does anyone know where in the city is a good place to get apple hardware.
>I remember someone in this list mentioned this place where we can actually
>get some discounts. but unfortunately, I missed that info..

the two large operations in the city are the apple store in soho and
tekserve (www.tekserve.com) on 23rd and 6th.  apple's prices tend not to
differ that much between resellers, altho it is still worth a look.
from personal experience tekserve tends to have more 3rd party harware
for you mac's as well (firewire cables, hard drives, memory etc..) than
the apple store, but often you can get better prices for stuff like that
off the 'net.  as far as discounts go I believe we had something worked
out with Apple but the details escape me right now.

-pete