[nycbug-talk] pf on FreeBSD

Tillman Hodgson tillman
Thu Sep 9 23:48:16 EDT 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 05:50:40PM -0400, N. Thomas wrote:
> Has anyone here successfully managed to get pf running on FreeBSD?

Yup, on a old P200MMX firewall running -CURRENT that recently died. It
was nice, though I prefer a combination of IPF and IPFW (to get me the
hooks into dummynet) these days.

> I've run pf/OpenBSD and FreeBSD separately in the past, but now I want
> to run pf on FreeBSD and I just noticed the dearth of available
> documentation on the subject.

> If anyone has any advice before I delve into the process, I'll gladly
> take some now.

The /etc/rc.d scripts were still evolving when I last used PF on
FreeBSD, that caused me the occassional bit of grief. Overall, though,
it was nicely integrated into the system.

-T

--
We aim to please. Ourselves, mostly, but we do aim to please.
    -- A.S.R. quote (Anthony DeBoer)