[nycbug-talk] getting published (fwd)

Tillman Hodgson tillman
Mon Sep 27 12:24:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:48:20AM -0400, Brown, James (Jim) wrote:
> Dru-
>
> Let me add another thanks for giving some pointers into the
> mystical world of 'getting published'!

Ditto!

> There are probably a lot of folks (like me) who would like to
> write more and publish a few things but don't have the answer
> to that first question-  "How do I get started?".

I've been published, though not "successfully" (so to speak). I've
always liked Heinlein's rules for writers:

1 You must write.
2 You must finish what you write.
3 You must refrain from rewriting, except to editorial order.
4 You must put the work on the market.
5 You must keep the work on the market until it is sold.

I'll definitely defer to any advice Dru gives -- success is worth
emulating, after all ;-)

-T

--
"So if you are wondering if you can just throw the tapes in the garbage,
the answer is no, they have data on them.  But if you're wondering if you