[nycbug-talk] script gui

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Apr 5 15:32:41 EDT 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 12:15 PM, steve Rieger <steve at n2sw.com> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> am working on a personal thing, and i would like to make a sexy gui for
> a script i have, this script asks the user questions and based on the
> answers it inserts data into a mysql db.i would like this gui/frontend
> to be cross platform, which rules out a few langs, can you folks
> recommend the pros and cons of what my options are,
> a few that come to mind are ruby, python, java etc....

my personal favorite right now is python.  the qt bindings are pretty
great if you are working on a *nix machine (not sure about osX and
win32 gui bindings sorry).  the only other scripting lang. i have gui
experience with is perl...and it hurt.  compared to python atleast ;)
for example I worked on an app here that we used the qt gui designer
to build the interface, which then exported an XML file that python
can just slurp up.  it was quick, easy and quite responsive as well.

-pete
--
~~o0OO0o~~
Pete Wright