[nycbug-talk] dhcp routes

Jerry B. Altzman jbaltz
Wed Apr 6 07:56:34 EDT 2005

George:

We have a similar problem with our networking setup. Our solution was to
run zebra on the vpn box feeding RIPv2 routes out, and turning on the RIP
listener on the Windows client boxes (works like a champ, in spite of the
documentation actually appears to hear RIPv2 announcements) and routed on
linux clients. (We have no BSD clients, except for my workstation, and by
and large the linux users are clueful enough to be able to do a
sudo route add net/netmask virtual-interface-id

That is, if I understand your problem correctly...
In any case, DHCP was NOT the complete answer.

> // George

//jbaltz
--
jerry b. altzman   jbaltz at omnipod.com  +1 347 385 8435