[nycbug-talk] problem booting FBSD 4.11 or 5.3

George R. george
Wed Apr 6 12:59:33 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 11:36 AM, George Georgalis wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 10:06:54AM -0400, G Rosamond wrote:
>> The 3u box I have has the following components:
>>
>> Adaptec SATA RAID card AAR-2810SA
>>
>> Intel P4 PSCH-SR Series with E7210/6300ESB Chipset
>>
>> The problem:
>>
>> 4.11 Boots and the dmesg passes by, but it reboots by the end of the
>> dmesg
>>
>> 5.3 boots and borks out at the initial stages right before/during the
>> Daemon menu screen.
>>
>> I googled a bit, but nothing useful . . . ideas?
>
> it's a virus (just kidding),

I f'g knew it. . . <g>

>  can you boot a live cd,

Those are my next steps. . .downloaded a few snapshots too.

Just wondering if there was anything I should know from those
components from anyone else's experience. ..

> like dfly?  If not, keep removing components and/or
> disableing them in bios till you can narrow the
> problem to a specific one. ...it could be failed
> hardware, maybe

yup . .

thanks for the input