[nycbug-talk] problem booting FBSD 4.11 or 5.3

pete wright nomadlogic
Wed Apr 6 13:39:48 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 7:06 AM, George R. <george at sddi.net> wrote:
> The 3u box I have has the following components:
>
> Adaptec SATA RAID card AAR-2810SA
>
> Intel P4 PSCH-SR Series with E7210/6300ESB Chipset
>
> The problem:
>
> 4.11 Boots and the dmesg passes by, but it reboots by the end of the
> dmesg
>
> 5.3 boots and borks out at the initial stages right before/during the
> Daemon menu screen.
>
> I googled a bit, but nothing useful . . . ideas?

Is this a test :)

stupid questions first.  with 5.x have you tried booting w/o AICPI
support.  maybe you can diable AICPI in the BIOS.  with 4.x can you
boot into single user?  i know this is going to hurt, but have you
tired booting w/ other bsd's or even a linux live cd?  if you don't
want to use knoppix (and have to wait to kde to load of cd-rom)
slackware has an execellent live cd.

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~