[nycbug-talk] script gui

Bob Ippolito bob
Wed Apr 6 23:50:39 EDT 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 5:31 PM, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
>> No.  There are tools like py2exe (win32), cx_Freeze (win32/unix), and
>> py2app (Mac OS X) which bundle an application written in Python with
>> the interpreter.
>
> Great to know, but I thougth the original poster wanted code which
> would run as is.. if one has to go through compilation then even C/C++
>  or any cross platform compiled language can be considered as tools
> for the job. :-)

Is it really non-obvious that a text file isn't going to do anything on
a virgin computer without doing *something* to it first?  By "this
thingy", I'm sure he meant the application, not the text files that he
was able to interpret as the application given all of the dependencies.

I think you're arguing with me just because you were wrong :)

-bob