[nycbug-talk] mysql cluster

Hans Zaunere lists
Sun Apr 10 16:48:47 EDT 2005

> from what me understands we have a few mysql dudes and or dudets here.

Well, I'd be one of those dudes...

> now for the questions
>
> am thinking about setting up a mysql cluster, as prescribed in the docs
> at mysql.com. does the mgmt server need to be the same os as the two
> sql servers, and which ip address do i give out as the mysql host, also

Nope, they can be different OSs.  Keep in mind, however, that Cluster isn't supported on all platforms that MySQL flagship is supported on.

It's typically a good idea to put the mgm server on it's own physical box for fault tolerance purposes - it takes no resources, and in fact people run it from laptops for true fault tolerance.  It does need to be available when nodes come or go, though.

> does this cluster thingy make sure that the data is replicated betwix
> both servers.

Yeah.  It implements synchronous replication in the background.

---
Hans Zaunere
President, Founder

New York PHP