[nycbug-talk] graphical wi-fi front end

Isaac Levy ike
Thu Apr 14 11:15:03 EDT 2005

Hi Tim, All,

On Apr 13, 2005, at 7:24 PM, Tim Jacques wrote:

> good afternoon,
>
> has anyone come across a graphical front end for displaying and
> selecting wi-fi ap's..
> i am looking for something similar to the utility that comes netgear
> wg511t driver disk,
> ( win only unfortunately.) a point and click, detect and select
> utility in kde would be prime.
> i am running: freebsd 5.3, kde 3.3, netgear wg511t (ath0).

Hrm.  On a mac, I use iStumbler- which is free/open and I understand
based on NetStumbler.  Not sure about FreeBSD options.

I found this in the ports collection searching for 'stumbler',
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?
query=stumbler&stype=all&release=5-STABLE%2Fi386

--
Also, there's ap-utils, bsd-airtools, KisMet- perhaps other folks here
have experience with these tools...

> thank you..
> have a great day..
> tim..