[nycbug-talk] BSD on a desktop (revisited)

Isaac Levy ike
Wed Aug 3 08:03:23 EDT 2005

Hey All,

What kinds of X11 desktops does everyone use, and would reccommend to
a possible 'reverse switcher', from a Mac desktop to a BSD machine?
I know this discussion has come up here before, but in different
contexts, (newbie users, people switching from windows, etc...)

--
I'm asking in light of yesterday's post regarding Apple and trusted
computing fun,

http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/talk/2005-August/006242.html

this BSD/UNIX server jockey is now looking to dive seriously into X11
desktop use.  I'm coming from the perspective of a LONG time mac
user, who tends to live at shells on remote servers, and listen to a
lot of music...  I like using multiple desktops, and usually switch
between LOTS of windows while working.  I'm also an avid key-command
user, and learn new GUI app key commands fast- but I expect
consistency for any of it to make sense to me.

What does everyone use?

http://download.theforce.net/humor/soloswitch.mov

Rocket-
.ike