[nycbug-talk] BSD on a desktop (revisited)

George R. george
Wed Aug 3 11:15:43 EDT 2005

Scott Robbins wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 09:27:59AM -0400, Josh Rivel wrote:
>
>>Isaac Levy wrote...
>>
>>>What kinds of X11 desktops does everyone use, and would reccommend to
>>>a possible 'reverse switcher', from a Mac desktop to a BSD machine?
>>>I know this discussion has come up here before, but in different
>>>contexts, (newbie users, people switching from windows, etc...)
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>Fluxbox is good, fast, and lightweight, and supports key bindings for
>>just about everything.  Another keyboard-friendly WM Is Sawfish,
>>which also has very good support for keyboard binding, but is
>>dependant on other programs to be installed, gtk, rep-gtk, etc.
>

> If we're talking fluxbox, I'm going to push my fluxbox page.  :)
>
> http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/fluxbox.html
>
> Has various tips, especially about keyboard bindings.
>
> - --
>
> Scott

That was a shameless plug ;-)

Those how-to's, etc, should be linked from our library, even if we don't
host.

But then again, why would anyone use Fluxbox when you have XFCE?

Nice minimal gui, easy to configure, nice and fun overall.

I really wonder why all you KDE junkies aren't spamming this list *now*.
   You know who you are. . .