[nycbug-talk] BSD on a desktop (revisited)

Kevin Reiter tux
Sat Aug 6 12:09:31 EDT 2005

Scott Robbins wrote:

>>>Yes, my dsylexic friend, regardless of WM :)
>

> You mean MW, don't you?  I just quickly installed it and
> couldn't get rid of the top bar--a quick look at the man page indicated
> that the -x option should get rid of borders, but it leaves the top one,
> with the menus.  Is there a way to get rid of that
> one too?

I don't recall right now which switch it is that makes the menu
dissappear, but if you use the -h switch it displays a LONG list of
options, which is how I found it.  (I used to pipe it to a text file for
easier reading...)

You can also edit the config file (in your $HOME) to make permanent
changes to the behavior, which is the easiest way to do it once you find
the combination of switches that suites you.  You can also have different
config files (no borders, transparent, etc.) and call them for different
things (transparent window for tailing logs, normal window, etc.)

I'll check my laptop after I'm finished running cable to my new office and
send you my config off-list.

-Kev