[nycbug-talk] Mailist Workaround For Gmail Users

hzs202 at gmail.com hzs202
Sat Aug 13 14:52:46 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Earlier this week there was a thread concerning Gmail and a quirky
little function that support which is annoying for mailist users. The
function disallowed the sender to see his/her original post. Well I
think I found a workaround that has been working for me.

If you create a filter for the list and dump in into a *label* (special
Gmail feature) you should be able to see your post both in the label and
when you download you email. For instance when I run:

# fetchmail -aF

I get my original post delivered to my nycbug mailbox. It is working for
me... in fact I should see this post the next time I run fetchmail.

Best,
--
Hakim Singhji
New York University