[nycbug-talk] Newbie can't boot server - needs person or shop in NYC with mobos & CPUs to troubleshoot

Jonathan Vanasco jvanasco
Fri Aug 19 11:06:16 EDT 2005

On Aug 19, 2005, at 1:39 AM, alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
> What puzzles me is *why* people assume they know all about PC hardware
> and
> try to assemble server themselves instead of buying one from Dell. You
> spent more money on parts and far more money on time, than if you just
> bought Dell 750 server.

wow, those 750 servers are cheap ($650!)

eracks.com has good prices too - and come with open/free installed

i didn't know about the dell though, i might have to order that.  the
4yr old eracks server we had as a firewall died last week (re my
earlier crazed postings) - i think the powersupply blew and screwed the
mobo/cpu.  i've got 3 nics and an  assortment of random crap literally
held together by scotch tape.