[nycbug-talk] Re: Newbie can't boot server - needs person or shop in NYC with mobos & CPUs to troubleshoot

Maude User maudeuser
Fri Aug 19 21:11:59 EDT 2005

Alex wrote:
> I am willing to bet you have "high-density" (AKA 128x8) memory, which
> won't work in this motherboard (or in almost any intel mobo). Get "low
> density" memory and see.

> ... Come to 55 Broad with your server. We
> have pretty much every imaginable PC part in stock as a spare.

I want to thank Alex for his help. I brought this server to his place at
55 Broad this evening, he swapped in some "low-density" memory sticks, and
the machine booted fine. Thank you Alex - and thanks to Jonathan for later pointing
out http://nycbug.org/index.php?NAV=BSDTracker .

- Steve