[nycbug-talk] road-warrior IPsec setup: looking for references

Tillman Hodgson tillman
Sat Aug 27 20:16:15 EDT 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 02:06:57AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> AFAIK the most recent (non-kame, now in ipsec-tools) racoon ship configs
> for that in src/racoon/samples/roadwarrior.
>
> At least NetBSD has some files in
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/crypto/dist/ipsec-tools/src/racoon/samples/roadwarrior/,
> and some of the IPsec documentation in
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/ipsec/rasvpn.html or
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/ipsec/ may help you.
> It should be useful with the latest IPsec-tools, which NetBSD has. Dunno
> how easy it is to get them on MacOS X or FreeBSD.

I'm not sure whether my racoon is IPsec-tools or not, though it does
appear fairly recent:

[root at caliban /usr/local/etc/rc.d]# pkg_info -W /usr/local/sbin/racoon
/usr/local/sbin/racoon was installed by package racoon-20050510a

There's no "roadwarrior" file on my disk though. I'll dig through the
NetBSD documentation you mentioend (thanks!) and see if I can understand
the concepts based on the config files.

-T

--
"Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't
 bet, you can't win."