[nycbug-talk] Beastie of an OS (review of FreeBSD 6.0b3)

Mikel King mikel.king
Tue Aug 30 10:51:50 EDT 2005

The following article was obviously written by a linux guy, and
overall he gives it a thumbs up. There isn't anything earth
shattering in the article from a typical BSD user's perspective, but
linux users who read might be persuaded to give it a go.

Excerpt:

Once a distro goes into beta 3, most of the major choices are in
place. In looking at the 3rd testing versions of distributions, one
can get a fairly good idea of what a distro might be like once it's
released. The only experience I've had with a BSD clone or derivative
was with my PC-BSD review some months ago. That install was as simple
as 1, 2, 3... or click, click, click. I'd heard the horror stories
about other BSD installs, yet downloaded 6.0 beta 3 with hope. Was
this going to be a brain-burning, hair-pulling, data-losing
proposition? What happened with my attempted FreeBSD 6.0 Beta 3 install?

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/2393