[nycbug-talk] on using the fluxbox WM

Scott Robbins scottro
Wed Aug 31 21:03:36 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 08:48:23PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:
> After the recent WM discussion I thought I'd give the lightweight
> fluxbox windomanager a spin.
>
> There is one feature I can't work out of the docs though.
>
> I run some applications from xinitrc before I start fluxbox, at
> least one of them I want to run without a border, no grab handles
> nothing.
>
> It would seem the ToggleDecor Window Operation would do the trick,
> but I only see that as a key bindings option. Is there some way
> to disable decorations on a particular app, automatically?

Yes.

Oh, you want the answer?  Sheesh, I thought you were just asking if it
could be done.  :)

I'm assuming you're running the devel version, that is, something like
0.9.12 or whatever.

Let's say the app is aterm.  Create, if it isn't in your $HOME/.fluxbox
directory already, a file called apps

[app] (aterm)
  [Deco]	{NONE}
[end]

Hopefully it's clear in the email, the word aterm is in normal
parentheses and NONE is in curly braces.

BTW, that's covered on my fluxbox page.

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/fluxbox.html

- --

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Buffy: Every time you show up like this, you risk all your parts,
you know that?
Spike: I wouldn't be here if I didn't have a good reason. As
usual, I'm here to help you and I... are you naked under there?
Buffy: Get out.
Spike: No, I'm serious. I mean, not about the naked part...