[nycbug-talk] Apache 2 mod_auth_pam and DAV

Jonathan jonathan
Tue Dec 13 10:42:38 EST 2005

Lonnie Olson wrote:
 > Jonathan wrote:
 >
 >> My Apache config has the following for DAV and mod_auth_pam
 >> LoadModule auth_pam_module    libexec/apache2/mod_auth_pam.so
 >> DavLockDB /var/run/DavLock
 >> Alias /dav /usr/local/www/dav
 >> <Location /dav>
 >>   AuthPAM_Enabled on
 >>    AuthType Basic
 >>    AuthName "General WebDAV access"
 >>    require group svnusers
 >>    require user jonathan
 >>    Dav filesystem
 >> </Location>
 >

 > Just a guess.  You have "require group svnusers", but how is your pam
 > config supposed to read what group that user is in.  Try removing the
 > group requirement.

Just tried it with no luck, it used to work a month or two ago so I
didn't think that was it.  It might help if mod_auth_pam had more
logging or debug output but finding the source and getting a rough idea
of what it does is about the limit of my C skills.

Thanks,
Jonathan