[nycbug-talk] How to start a new thread

Mikel King mikel.king
Fri Dec 16 11:32:34 EST 2005

{SNIP}

> Please do not take this the wrong way.  What I'm about to explain is
> a minor point about threads and how best to make them work for you.
> I'm cc'ing the list because you're sure to not be the only one that
> doesn't know how this works
>
> Close!  But you replied to my message. Which does not start a new
> thread.
>
> See here:  http://lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/talk/2005-
> December/thread.html where you'll see that your message is still part
> of the original thread.
>
> What you need to do is start a brand new email.   Don't reply.
>
> Granted, some email clients, mine included, allow you to remove the
> headers that make the new email part of an existing thread.    If you
> check the above URL, you'll see that it's a new thread.  I hit reply
> to your email, but used the special features to remove the In-reply-
> to: and References: headers.
>
> cheers
> --
> Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
> BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/

Dan,

	Maybe it's cause you're speaking Canadian, and they can't understand
you?

	Sorry bud I couldn't resist.

Cheers,
Mikel King
CIO, Director of Network Operations
Optimized Computer Solutions, INC
Tech Alliance, INC
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.ocsny.com
http://www.techally.com
t: 212.727.2100x132
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.