[nycbug-talk] Verizon Woes got you down?

George R. george
Mon Dec 19 21:39:01 EST 2005

Trish Lynch wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2005, Isaac Levy wrote:
>
>> Hey All,
>> with regular outages), I was luckily cold-called by a TowerStream
>> representative, selling 'Pre-WiMax' internet service.
>>
>> http://towerstream.com
>>

> Let me know how it works, and also, let me know if anyone has gotten in
> touch with you yet from here, or do I make some heads roll?
>
> Seriously though, I've been thinking about this since the office is line
> of sight from both the MetLife and Empire State Buildings..... seems
> like it would be a good solution for my office bandwidth woes, but I've
> been very hesitant since its not tested. Let me know how it goes....

(IMO, total appropriate for this list, .I)

If it's not accepted as a standard yet, I would be hesitant to use in
production. . . whether it's with about hardware interfaces to the
connection or whatever.

But now let's see if I have line of sight with Ike. . .

Can you give us an idea on pricing?