[nycbug-talk] Verizon Woes got you down?

Isaac Levy ike
Tue Dec 20 11:15:06 EST 2005

Hi Josh, Trish,

On Dec 19, 2005, at 6:42 PM, Trish Lynch wrote:

> Seriously though, I've been thinking about this since the office is
> line of sight from both the MetLife and Empire State Buildings.....
> seems like it would be a good solution for my office bandwidth
> woes, but I've been very hesitant since its not tested. Let me know
> how it goes....
>
> -Trish

I'll keep reporting to list- but anyone can feel free to contact me
for an unbiased report of the service if your thinking about it
sometime down the line...

On Dec 19, 2005, at 9:43 PM, Joshua S. Freeman wrote:

> Isaac,
>
> Any latency issues?  We're looking at towerstream too but the
> latency seems
> 2x copper.
>
> J.

Josh: are there any tests you'd like me to run for you to show this?
So far, the overall speed is definitely much faster than the T1 this
is replacing.

For anyone:  I'll totally run any network tests people can email me
with, just email me with instructions in this thread- (I'm hoping to
learn some new tools for network performance monitoring while I'm at
this? :)

Rocket-
.ike