[nycbug-talk] Terminal Server for *nix

pete wright nomadlogic
Tue Dec 20 11:29:20 EST 2005

On 12/19/05, Erik Phillips <ephillips at loftmail.com> wrote:
> Quick question.  Any success stories installing nxserver
> (nomachine.com) from ports or via package.  I'm just a beginner, but it
> appears that all the documentation around this is way to complex or I'm
> not understanding it correctly.   Any insight or direction would be
> greatly appreciated!!!  I'm trying to educate my tunneled vision
> superiors about reliability and depending on the configuration, the
> cost effectiveness of *nix, but *bsd to precise.  Lame plug, but hey
> I'm trying to gather followers by any means. -ep-

a little confused here, you want to run nxserver on your BSD box for
remote management?  I was a little confused by this product, does it
just provide a remote desktop (like VNC) or is it more like virtual
machine ala VMWare?  If this is a VNC replacement type application I
would go with tightvnc...or better yet leverage the power of the unix
way of doing things and use a shell ;p

-p

--
~~o0OO0o~~