[nycbug-talk] Verizon Woes got you down?

Isaac Levy ike
Tue Dec 20 13:46:31 EST 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 12:47 PM, michael wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:32:54 -0500
> Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
>
>> 3 cheers for State-controlled monopolies!  Hip Hip Horay!
>
> Was that a cheer and a call for privatization?
>
> sshhh.. there are non-americans on this list.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Actually, your right- look at what a great scene the wireless voice
business is, now that ma' bell is no longer the monopoly (Cingular,
AT&T, Verizon, TMobile, Sprint/Nextel, etc...)

Why is there so much greed (it seems), resulting in bad service, in
the big-scale telco biz?  Is this just what happens when any idea
scales to masses of people?  (parallel: internent standards are often
the more inferior technological ideas, but we all agree to use them
so they work...)  What makes this stuff tick?

Rocket-
.ike