[nycbug-talk] Verizon Woes got you down?

George R. george
Tue Dec 20 13:52:55 EST 2005

On Dec 20, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Isaac Levy wrote:

> On Dec 20, 2005, at 12:47 PM, michael wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:32:54 -0500
>> Isaac Levy <ike at lesmuug.org> wrote:
>>
>>> 3 cheers for State-controlled monopolies!  Hip Hip Horay!
>>
>> Was that a cheer and a call for privatization?
>>
>> sshhh.. there are non-americans on this list.
>>
>> --
>> Michael
>
> Actually, your right- look at what a great scene the wireless voice
> business is, now that ma' bell is no longer the monopoly (Cingular,
> AT&T, Verizon, TMobile, Sprint/Nextel, etc...)

Oh, that's interesting. . . wireless is a 'good scene' in the US?

I actually think deregulation was the problem with telecom in the
US. . . Bell Labs, .Ike?  Compare it before and after deregulation. . .

And AFAIK and have seen, the European scene is much better with GSM
as the standard in terms of coverage, although not in terms of
pricing (although incoming is free).  And AFAIK, the European GSM
adoption was a basically pseudo-public/gov't endeavor . . .