[nycbug-talk] 2x 3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA

Isaac Levy ike
Thu Dec 22 17:31:18 EST 2005

Hi Gordon,

On Dec 21, 2005, at 1:52 PM, Gordon Smith wrote:

> Ike & Chris,
>
> Were you able to get closer to identifying a cause for the problem
> with
> using the 3Ware Escalade 9500S RAID cards with SMP enabled in FBSD
> 6?  Is it
> possible that some other device used in all the affected machines
> is the
> "lynch pin" that causes the instability when combined with the
> 3Ware card
> and SMP?

I have 2 of these cards still, and have been mucking about just
trying to get *any* kind of install to happen using them with FreeBSD
(their specs are *soooo* much nicer than my Adaptec cards, at the
same price...)

With that, I'm willing to start hacking through this problem- I'll be
working with the cards either tomorrow, or Saturday- (depending on
the Strike, and a few other variables)...

Gordon- Do you have one of these cards too?  I'm wanting to start
pooling notes on this or something...
I'll try to jump on irc.freenode.net #nycbug when I'm working- my
nick is dot_ike.

Rocket-
.ike