[nycbug-talk] 2x 3Ware Escalade 9500S-4LP SATA

Isaac Levy ike
Sat Dec 31 12:50:38 EST 2005

Hy Francisco,

On Dec 31, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Isaac Levy writes:
>
>> Oy, perhaps key to why I have problems, and you don't seem to,
>
> You have the 9500  or 9550SX?
> I am running the newer 9550SX which seems the makers of 3ware have
> done new drivers for it.
>> I'm running dual Xeon machines.

9500 (not SX).  When purchasing, I actually saw some bad notes on the
SX on some mailing list thread, so I went with what I believed was a
'reliable' older solution...

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.0R/hardware-i386.html

> Maybe you could try the 9550SX drivers.. but check with AMCC first.
> I notice many of their drivers are backware compatible.

This is worth a shot, that is now in my queue to try Monday afternoon
when I'm back with the hardware.

Rocket-
.ike