[nycbug-talk] apache: securing each virtural host

Dan Casey dcasey
Thu Feb 3 14:41:48 EST 2005

FreeBSD 5.3

Well, VirtualHost reffering to the apache config.

I want a jail-like setup. But not for apache as a whole.
Apache will have several websites (NameBased VirtualHosts).
Each User (1 perl website) will be able to there files only, in what will
appear to them as a server or filesystem.

Now if it where just one site, a regular jail would be fine. But I want to
keep each site seperate.

I don't seem to understand how to achieve this with running a seperate jail
for each site.
Each jail would then need to run its own httpd.conf, and start its own httpd
servers.

By default apache opens 5 servers.
say 50 websites / 50 jails * 5 servers = .... not an ideal situation :)

I cannot imagine that this is the only way to achieve this affect.

Thanks