[nycbug-talk] .WorkGroup, Apache and FreeBSD Hostname

Matthew Terenzio matt
Thu Feb 3 22:26:43 EST 2005

I know this seems like an Apache question, but I have my first FreeBSD
box going and I think it's related to the way I installed it.

BTW, I  love the easy to use Ports install process.
Installed Apache
Couldn't start it.

In the error log:

[alert] mod_unique_id: unable to gethostbyname(".WorkGroup")

I commented out mod_unique_id and Apache works, but what is .WorkGroup?
Sounds Windowsish, but is it some deafult?

I didn't name the host that unless it was inadvertent.
I'll mention the machine is running DHCP on a wifi home network. Not
sure why I think that's relevant.