[nycbug-talk] editting pdf's... (dot dot dot)

Marc Spitzer mspitzer
Tue Feb 22 23:15:26 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 23:01:20 -0500, Okan Demirmen <okan at demirmen.com> wrote:
> so in my quest to have a paperless office, i'm struggling with one
> big thing: faxing/emailing back forms sent or downloaded in pdf
> form.
>
> thought i'd hit up this knowledgable list to see if anyone has any
> bright ideas ;)
>
> obivously the faxing thing is not an issue (faxmodem+hylafax), nor
> the emailing part;) the part about filling out forms that come
> across the wire as pdf. i'm aware that adobe can edit certain
> "fillable" pdf forms, but the majority of stuff out there is not
> of that type - besides, i'm not going to bye adobe to fill this gap ;)
>
> are there any ideas out there? is coverting the pdf to an image,
> then editing that image a valid, and sane, idea? ideas? or maybe a
> hit on the head with a good cluestick that has the magic google
> search keywords ;)

Emacs?  only half in jest.  A regular pdf is just a text file after all.

Also check out the linux emulation stuff, adobie supports linux(I
think anyway)  so perhaps you could get it running and use the linux
versions edit features.

marc