[nycbug-talk] Laptop purchase possibility. . .

bruno bruno
Tue Feb 15 23:48:16 EST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 11:09:31PM -0500, G. Rosamond wrote:
> I was dead set on a ThinkPad, but after playing with a client's Sharp
> MM10, I may change that.
>
> For those who don't know them, check out www.sharpusa.com, but make
> sure your browser identifies as IE.
>
> They are two pounds, have 10.4" displays, and are sweet. . . with the
> extra battery, they get 9 hours of uptime. . .
>
> Googling shows some references to people running a BSD on them, but
> does anyone on Talk have any experience, things I should know, etc. . .

If you're into those, a friend of mine has a small fujitsu, sounds
about the same, small, 8 hours with a minibay battery, very pretty,
small but nice display. He is not running a UNIX flavor, but I hear
BSDs do run on them. Don't remember the model, I'm sure you'll find
them on fujitsu site.